Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Tupac - "Do For Love"

I remember being a youngin (lol) listening to music. I was raised in the South, so at the time, all that was on the radio was Lil' Jon, T.I., Pastor Troy, and some other local dudes that wasn't really hot at all... I mean, they sucked (the local dudes, not T.I. T.I.'s been that dude for a long time). But moving on...

I remember the first time I heard this song. It didn't really click in my head or anything about how good the song was, because I was too busy watching the animated video and wondering to myself, "Ain't this dude dead?!?!?!" But I got a little older, went through a couple of situations, and then I LISTENED to this song, and it's one of my favorite songs of all time now.



I know that big for me to say I have a favorite Tupac song, but this one is mine because the message is more real in this song than most of rap thats out now. No riddles, no inside-lingo you have to catch up on, no diss, no nothing. It's simple, it's laid out, and it's relatable to anybody who's been in the situation before, even if it's partly or fully.

I think that's dope... But maybe it's just me?

Be Easy.

By the way...I'd LOVE to see what C.H. would do with that hook in an instrumental... haha...

King Eljay

No comments: